Certain items on StockX have been identified as Dangerous Goods by the International Air Transport Association and are subject to additional shipping requirements.
Items designated as Dangerous Goods can only be bought and sold in the United States at this time.
Dangerous Goods are currently classified as any item that contains 3 or more lithium ion batteries under 100W. Examples include Nintendo Switch and certain gaming laptops.
The items listed above will have different shipping instructions on the print-outs provided by StockX. In order to ensure that there are no issues with us receiving your package, please print the Lithium Ion Battery Handling Mark in color with Red Line present, while also following the rest of our shipping instructions. As a reminder, StockX is not liable for items packaged improperly.
Shipping instructions for Dangerous Goods can be found below:
- Place your invoice inside the box/padded envelope.
- Place the box and/or padded envelope into a bigger and sufficiently sized shipping box that is no more than 2 inches (5 cm) larger than your item on each side. Remove all pre-existing HAZMAT warnings, labels, and stickers from the shipping parcel. Note: The box must meet IATA guidelines of being constructed of strong, rigid packaging that can pass a 1.2 meter drop test.
- Use bubble wrap and/or packing paper to ensure your item is secure while in transit.
- Seal package across the side flaps and the seams on the top and bottom of the shipping box using the 6 strip, H-method, with 2” or wider packing tape. Do not use masking tape, cellophane tape, duct tape, string, or paper over-wrap to secure the package.
- Tape or insert the StockX provided UPS label to the outside of your shipping box leaving enough space for the Lithium Ion Battery Handling Mark.
- Tape or insert the StockX provided Lithium Ion Battery Handling Mark to the outside of your shipping box on the same side of the box as the shipping label. Note: Lithium Ion Battery Handling Mark must be printed in color with Red Line Present or UPS will not accept your package. The shipping Label & Lithium Ion Battery Handling Mark must be placed on the same side of the box, uncovered and free from obstruction or UPS will not accept the package.
- Drop off your sealed package at an authorized UPS location to be sent off.