For this edition of The Flip, we compiled data-driven insights on top-selling products, added more brands to our catalog, and revealed granular information about our authentication operations to help make you a more informed and confident seller on StockX.
Scout is Now Available to Level 4 and 5 Sellers in the US
Last month, we gave US-based Level 4 and 5 sellers access to Scout, the industry-leading inventory management platform for sellers. If you’re a Level 4 or 5 seller in the US and haven’t tried out Scout yet, check our email from July 19 for details on how to access. In case you missed it, StockX acquired Scout last year to streamline the selling experience and help customers accelerate their businesses like never before.
- Comic Books: We recently added comic books to our catalog. Take a look at our catalog then secure some comic books to get in on the action.
- Funko Pop!: We continue to see strong trade volume with Funko Pop! products as buyers seek products with lower price points with the current state of the economy. We have over 7,000 Funko products in our catalog, so find some Funkos then get those Asks in.
- MSCHF: MSCHF trades have seen high profits recently. Check out our catalog to see what they’re going for.
- Trading Cards: New additions such as the Marvel Trading Card Collection Booster Box, Hro Hybrid Trading Card DC Unlock The Universe Booster Box, and Topps Chrome UEFA Champions League Hobby Box have been selling well recently.
New Brands & Products
- Acne Studios
- Cherry LA
- Juicewrld x VLONE
- Ferragamo belts
- Gucci sunglasses
Next Generation Investments
A growing number of consumers are treating physical goods as tradable assets and redefining what it means to invest today. This latest installment of our “Next Gen Investments” report dives into product collabs, retro Jordans, NFL trading cards, and of-the-moment collectibles that have seen consistent gains on StockX.
View some highlights below then read the full report here.
OG Collabs Are On The Rise
- New Balance x Aime Leon Dore products have seen a +180% average price appreciation between January 2020 and April 2022.
- Crocs x Post Malone products have seen a +100% average price appreciation between January 2020 and April 2022.
- Supreme x Fox Racing products have seen a +70% average price appreciation between January 2020 and April 2022.
Jordan Brand Consistency
On StockX, nearly 80% of Jordan sneakers have gained resale value between Quarter 1 2021 and Quarter 1 2022. By contrast, just 52% of stocks in the Dow 100 appreciated in value in the same timeframe. Below are three Jordan products that have appreciated in resale value between Q1 2021 – Q1 2022.
- Kanye West 808 & Heartbreak vinyl record: +150% average price appreciation between Quarter 1 2021 – Quarter 1 2022
- LEGO Star Wars Stormtrooper set: +100% average price appreciation between Quarter 1 2021 – Quarter 1 2022
- Market Smiley Basketball Yellow: +80% average price appreciation between Quarter 1 2021 – Quarter 1 2022
Just over 35 million products have gone through StockX’s authentication process, and the team has grown to include more than 300 authenticators around the world. We put together a report to highlight the core components and quality control metrics that drive StockX’s authentication process.
View some key facts below then read the full report here.
- Between June 2021 and May 2022, StockX protected customers by rejecting more than 300,000 products worth more than $100M in value.
- Authenticators maintained a 99.96% accuracy rate between June 2021 and May 2022.
- The most attempted fake sneakers between June 2021 and May 2022 include the Jordan 1 Retro High Dark Mocha, Jordan 1 High OG SP Fragment x Travis Scott, and the Jordan 1 Low Fragment x Travis Scott